Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems 2015 has become a standard certification in most workplaces that deal with any sort of controlled product. The WHMIS 2015 is the most updated and recent version of WHMIS training. The standard course is approximately 2 hours long and will cover the three main components which includes Worker Education and Training, Labels, and Material Data Sheets. Combining it with the Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) will cover you off completely for working around controlled products.
Any one of these courses will leave you with the following fundamental skills:
- What is WHMIS?
- Components of WHMIS
- WHMIS responsibilities
- How hazardous products enter the body
- Classes of hazardous products
- WHMIS 1988 symbols
- WHMIS 2015 hazard groups and classes
- WHMIS 2015 pictograms
- Supplier and workplace labels
- Consumer labels
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs) and Safety Data Sheets (SDSs)
- Emergency Actions
- Personal Protective Equipment