Knowing which Ground Disturbance course to take is quite difficult but let us help you take the guess work out of it. In Western Canada, Ground Disturbance 201 approved by the ABCGA is the accepted industry standard course. This is also called Ground Disturbance 2 or Ground Disturbance for Supervisors. It’s all the same material. What you are looking for is the ABCGA certification.

These courses will give you the skills to conduct a ground disturbance while avoiding striking underground utilities. By the end of the course you will be able to:

  • Identify and define ground disturbance
  • Describe the hazards of ground disturbance
  • Decide what permits and agreements will be required
  • Describe how to locate and identify underground facilities
  • Describe regulations associated with ground disturbance
  • Describe the responsibilities for owners and ground disturbers
  • Describe safety requirements
More Ground Disturbance Courses